What is Liquid Screed?
Liquid screed is fast application self levelling floor screed that is often used to cover underfloor heating pipework before the chosen flooring is fitted, it is the ideal way to level your floors, as alternative to traditional cement screeds. It is quick to apply, requires less manual labour and can be walked upon 24-48 hours after application.
Liquid screed also conducts heat more efficiently than cement screeds so is the perfect way to finish a floor that has underfloor heating.
“Dragon provide a fast and efficient liquid screeding service as part of our underfloor heating service or as a standalone service.”
How is Liquid Screeding Done?
Liquid screed is pumped to a datum set by laser levels to ensure that the finish is level and achieves SR2. Flowing screed can be applied at a lesser depth than sand and cement and can take foot traffic in 24 to 48 hours. The screed is pumped into place so there is less risk of damage from wheelbarrows and it is easier to place the screed on floors above ground level.
The liquid screed can be pumped in to the room early in the build process allowing a longer time for drying and enabling carpenters to fix against a finished floor screed level.
Key Benefits of using Liquid Screed
- Produced to a controlled flowable consistency to fully encompass in-floor heating pipes.
- Elimination of voids resulting in uniform heat transfer and maximised thermal efficiency of the underfloor heating system.
- Reduced screed depth compared to traditional sand cement mix minimising heat storage.
- Extremely low shrinkage – does not curl and minimises the risk of cracking
- Does not require reinforcement.
- Increased productivity – 500-1000m2 per day can be easily achieved.
- Heating systems can be commissioned in accordance with BS1264:2001-4 clause 4.4, as early as 7 days after application of screed.
- Excellent thermal conductivity & minimal thermal expansion (0.012mm/Mk)
- No curing required and ready for foot traffic in 24-48 hours